Unforgettable, Unique, Personalised Ceremonies that you will remember forever!
F.A.Q & Legal Information

Q: What documents do we need to produce to get married in Australia?
Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) click link to save a copy to your computer and lodge it with the celebrant of their choice a minimum of one calendar month and one day.  And no more than eighteen months prior to the wedding taking place.
Original Birth Certificates or certified copies thereof ( if born in Australia) or International Passport (if coming from overseas)
Original Divorce Certficate (if you have been married before and divorced)
Death Certificate of previous spouse (if you have been widowed)
Proof of name change (if you legally changed your name)

Q: When do we need to show you these documents?
A: I need to have all required documentation at least one month and one day prior to your actual ceremony. The documents can be lodged with me up to 18 months in advance of the ceremony.

Q: What if my documentation is not in English?
A: Not a problem! It is your responsibility to ensure it is officially translated and authorized by a person who is a legally recognized translator. An interpreting service can be found in the Yellow Pages or on Google.

Q: What if we can't find our birth certificates? Can we use our Australian passports?
A: No. If you were born in Australia, you must produce your original birth certificate or a certified copy. You can contact the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the state of your birth to organize a copy.

I highly recommend you visit the Attorney General's website and view the "Getting Married" section. The section has accurate, up-to-date information for couples intending to marry.

[Home] [Services] [About Me] [Gallery] [F.A.Q & Legal] [Testimonials] [Contact Me]

Admin Pages